Care Connection provides the Regional Long-Term Care Ombudsman Program, an elder care advocate for residents’ rights in nearly 90 nursing homes.
Our volunteer ombudsmen are trained to work with nursing home residents.
Our ombudsmen take care to:
- Help long-term care facility residents know their rights.
- Try to make sure residents are empowered to resolve complaints they may have or problems that may arise.
- Serve as the voice for residents of long-term care facilities.
- Advocate for quality of life and resident-centered care.
- Offer information to help people who need nursing care for themselves or their loved ones.
- Help people compare and find the best place for them.
- Educate the public on the issue of elder abuse, a problem that persists nationally and in Missouri.
If you need help in comparing nursing homes, would like to speak with an ombudsman, or want to learn more about elder abuse, call Care Connection at 1-800-748-7826 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.