Date: August 2, 2018 | Category: News
Care Connection for Aging Services will present Medicare 101 sessions for the public in all of its 13 counties over the next five months.
The sessions, presented over the lunch hour, are free and open to the public. The information is targeted to people who are new to Medicare or contemplating retirement. At the end of the Medicare 101 session, participants will know which decisions lay ahead and what factors seniors should consider in making Medicare choices.
Participants will learn about Medicare benefits, premiums, deductibles and copayments, as well as the differences in Parts A, B, C, and D. The session defines terms such as Medigap insurance and Medicare Advantage plans.
Presenters also will talk about the most recent news on the distribution of the new Medicare cards, which has started nationally but not yet in Missouri.
The session also addresses how seniors may qualify for assistance in paying for prescriptions and medical care.
Reservations may be made by calling 1-800-748-7826. Lunch will be available for a contribution for people 60 and older and for the full cost of the meal (about $7) for all others.
Care Connection does not sell insurance and will not recommend a particular plan.
Here is the schedule for the sessions, all of which begin at noon:
• Butler Senior Center, 611 W. Mill St., Butler on Sept. 27 and Nov. 29.
• Carroll County Care Connection Activity, Carroll County Memorial Hospital, 200 Lifecare Lane, Carrollton, Oct. 9 and Dec. 4.
• Clinton Senior Center, 970 E. Sedalia, Clinton, Sept. 13 and Nov. 15
• Cole Camp Senior Center, 206 E. Junge St., Cole Camp, Sept. 26 and Nov 28.
• Concordia Senior Center, 710 Main, Concordia, Aug. 9
• Higginsville Senior Center, 21st and Walnut, Oct. 17
• Korth Center, 309 W. Englewood, Stockton, Sept. 25 and Nov. 30.
• Margaret Gray Center, 811 C S. Business Highway 13, Lexington, Dec. 6
• Marshall Senior Center, 14 E. Morgan,, Marshall, Aug. 29, Oct. 30, and Dec. 20
• McCarty Senior Center, 19483 U.S. Highway 54, Wheatland, Sept. 7, Nov. 2
• Neal Center, 301 N. Main, Nevada, Aug. 28, Oct. 29, and Dec. 19
• Rivers Crossing Life Center, 5215 Business Highway 13 NE, Osceola, Aug. 30, Oct. 26 and Dec. 21
• Salisbury Senior Center, 304 Broadway, Salisbury, Sept. 5 and Nov. 14
• Sedalia Senior Center, 312 S. Washington, Sedalia, Aug. 15, Oct. 25, and Dec. 12
• Warrensburg Senior Center, 445 E. Gay, Sept. 27 and Nov. 29
• Warsaw Senior Center, Harbor Village, 17571 N. Dam Access Road, Warsaw, Sept. 27 and Nov. 29