Date: February 1, 2019 | Category: News
Care Connection for Aging Services will present Medicare 101 sessions for the public in all of its 13 counties over the next five months.
The sessions, presented during the lunch hour, are free and open to the public. The workshop is geared toward people who are new to Medicare or considering retirement. During the Medicare 101 session, participants will learn which factors they should consider in making Medicare choices.
The workshop covers Medicare premiums, deductibles, copayments, and benefits, as well as the differences in Parts A, B, C, and D. The session explains Medigap insurance and Medicare Advantage plans.
Participants also will learn how they may qualify for assistance in paying for prescriptions and medical care.
Reservations may be made by calling 1-800-748-7826. Lunch will be available for a contribution for people 60 and older and for the full cost of the meal (about $7.30) for all others.
While Care Connection does not sell insurance or recommend specific plans, our professionals can guide seniors through the decision-making process.
Here is the schedule for the sessions, all of which begin at noon:
• Butler Senior Center, 611 W. Mill St., Butler, February 28, April 25 and June 27
• Carroll County Care Connection Activity Center, Carroll County Memorial Hospital, 200 Lifecare Lane, Carrollton, February 11, April 23 and June 18.
• Clinton Senior Center, 970 E. Sedalia, Clinton, March 19 and May 17
• Cole Camp Senior Center, 206 E. Junge St., Cole Camp, March 25 and May 28
• Higginsville Senior Center, 21st and Walnut, February 25 and June 28
• Korth Center, 309 W. Englewood, Stockton, March 21 and May 24
• Margaret Gray Center, 811 C S. Business Highway 13, Lexington, April 29
• Marshall Senior Center, 14 E. Morgan, Marshall, February 15, April 18 and June 14
• McCarty Senior Center, 19483 U.S. Highway 54, Wheatland, March 28 and May 23
• Neal Center, 301 N. Main, Nevada, February 22, April 19 and June 21
• Rivers Crossing Life Center, 5215 Business Highway 13 NE, Osceola, February 14, April 16 and June 20
• Salisbury Senior Center, 304 Broadway, Salisbury, March 29 and May 21
• Sedalia Senior Center, 312 S. Washington, Sedalia, February 20, April 26 and June 27
• Warrensburg Senior Center, 445 E. Gay, Warrensburg, March 27 and May 30.
• Warsaw Senior Center, Harbor Village, 17571 N. Dam Access Road, Warsaw, March 22 and May 29