Beginning November 5, 2019 from 10 -11 am for 6 weeks, the University of Missouri Extension the University of Missouri Extension will be offering Eat Smart, Live Strong at the Warrensburg Senior Center in Rm 2. It’s free. Stay to have lunch at the senior center, whose meals provide one-third of the nutrition older adults need for the day.
This Program will cover:
• Setting Goals, step by step for the amount of fruits and vegetables.
• Helps with behavior change to help with the set goals and track achievement.
• Ways to adapt eating and physical activity to reach goals.
• Builds on ability to overcome challenges and provide support.
• Provides hands-on experiences to help adapt recipes to add and create healthier dishes.
• Easy-to-make recipes are provided.
• Increase awareness about the variety of nutrition assistance programs available.