Care Connection strives to provide opportunities to create positive aging experiences. We offer a variety of evidence-based programs and informative activities designed to promote healthy lifestyles. We want people to thrive. That’s why many of our programs address the challenges of chronic diseases, mobility problems, balance issues and other ailments. We offer evidence-based activities and programs to help you flourish and see measurable results.
We offer a variety of fitness classes that include Tai Chi, Walk with Ease, and Bingocize.
To learn more, check out our Connect! Online, call us at 1-800-748-7826, or email us at email@example.com.
Tai Chi for Arthritis
Ancient Chinese meditation exercise features slow, precise movements. Improves balance, mobility, strength and flexibility, decreases pain and helps prevent falls.
Living a Healthy Life
The “Living a Healthy Life” workshop series is designed to help individuals and caregivers improve healthy behaviors and overcome the challenges of chronic conditions. This workshop is interactive, and participants will have the opportunity to learn from each other. Six sessions cover nutrition, problem solving, exercise, relaxation, medications, and communication with family and physicians.
Diabetes and Chronic Disease Self-Management
- Attend a six-week program led by people who live with chronic diseases themselves.
- Gain confidence.
- Control your condition rather than allowing health problems to control you.
- Deal with the symptoms.
- Learn new exercises.
- Get tips on eating healthy and taking medications.
- Receive guidance on how to work with care providers.
- Manage heart disease, arthritis, diabetes, depression, asthma, bronchitis and emphysema.
Matter of Balance
A Matter of Balance is a program that offers practical strategies to reduce fear of falling and increase activity. The goal is to keep you active and independent. We can help you figure out how to reduce fall risks in your home and as you move about the community. Participants learn to:
- View falls and the fear of falling as controllable.
- Set realistic goals to increase activity.
- Change your environment to reduce fall risk factors.
- Exercise to increase strength and balance.
Total Brain Health
Participants see improvement of memory and overall brain health after this eight-week course developed by brain health expert Dr. Cynthia Green. The course includes plenty of tips and tricks to help you remember crucial material during this age of information overload.