Medicare Counseling: Care Connection offers a senior health insurance assistant program to help people understand their eligibility and benefits and enroll in Medicare insurance. We partner with CLAIM (Community Leaders Assisting the Insured of Missouri), which is the official State Health Insurance Assistance Program (SHIP), to provide reliable Medicare and Medicaid information and assistance. We have certified volunteers, insurance counselors and care managers who are trained to help people compare Medicare plans for their prescription drug coverage. We can answer questions about Medicare and Medicaid eligibility, benefits, and claims.
Care Connection’s senior health insurance assistant program can:
- Help people understand the differences between Parts A (hospitalization), B (outpatient and physicians’ care) and D (prescription drug) Medicare coverage plans.
- Explain what it means to enroll in a Medicare Advantage (Part C) plan or a supplemental (Medigap) plan.
- Conduct computerized and personalized comparisons using your specific prescription medication and pharmacy preferences to help you (or a loved one) determine the lowest out-of-pocket costs annually.
- Provide benefits education and workshops, including a fun version called Medicare Bingo, to get Medicare beginners started and to keep other enrollees up to date on changes.
To find out more about Medicare, visit medicare.gov. To get in touch with one of our CLAIM certified counselors, call us at
1-800-748-7826 or email us at email@example.com.
SMP (Senior Medicare Patrol)
Care Connection directs the statewide SMP (Senior Medicare Patrol) program that empowers and assists Medicare beneficiaries, their families, and caregivers to prevent, detect, and report healthcare fraud, errors, and abuse through outreach, counseling, and education.
To find out more about SMP, contact a center, visit missourismp.org, or call
Health Insurance Marketplace
Care Connection has licensed navigators to help people of all ages enroll in the Missouri Health Insurance Marketplace. Visit healthcare.gov, or call us at 1-800-748-7826.
Care Connection can help you to learn:
- Which plans might work for you.
- How much you might qualify for in tax credits.
- Costs of insurance plans.
- Free, unbiased information about how the Marketplace and policies work under the Affordable Care Act.
(The MA4 Navigator project is 100% funded by a $300,000 cooperative agreement under Funding Opportunity Number CMS-CA-NAV18-001 from the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services. The contents provided are solely the responsibility of the authors and do not necessarily represent the official views of HHS or any of its agencies.)